Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A New Beginning

Welcome to the first post in my A-Z Blog Challenge. Now traditionally this was supposed to start April 1, but unfortunately I haven’t been able to begin until today. So I am way behind and I’m going to do my best to play catch up.

The month of April is a new beginning for me. It’s a new beginning in many ways. I will be a mom for the first time to a baby boy. This is the first time I am participating in this blog challenge and I am getting back into my routine of writing. That’s a lot to take on in one month, but I’m bound and determined to give it my all.

I have one book published, Night Promises, with Secret Cravings, they are a great publisher to work with. All of the authors, editors, cover artists, etc are extremely supportive to one another. And thankfully they have been supportive of me and my writer’s block.

Why did I quit writing? Honestly I don’t have a complete straight answer for this. Life took over, I work full-time as a manager and I go to school. I’ve had close family battle cancer and I forgot why I started writing. I began writing because I loved it and I didn’t care about getting published or getting paid for it. Then all of a sudden I began to care, that took my passion away. Now I just want to write and I want it published so that others can enjoy the stories I enjoy.

My main motivation to get back into writing again is Nora Roberts. She is an incredible author. I began reading her books years ago. I snuck ‘Montana Sky’ from my mom’s stash of books and I fell in love with her stories. Now she is releasing her 200th book, ‘The Witness’, it’s out today as a matter of fact. She is the author we all want to be. I have never had the privilege of meeting her…yet.

As for this blog challenge, yes I am getting a late start. At first it was procrastination, oh I have all the time in the world to get started on this blog challenge. Then it was health issues. I have preeclampsia with this pregnancy so it’s been a rough month. But that’s just an excuse because I have had several days I have felt wonderful and could have taken a few minutes to write a post.

No More Excuses!!

As for being a mother for the first time, I’m on cloud 9!! I still have days I can’t believe I’m going to be a mommy. It truly is one of those joyous occasions that makes life complete. I just can’t wait for him to be here. Yes, it is a boy. My due date is May 2nd, but it looks like I may induced as early as this Friday, April 20.

But that’s my ramblings for today! I hope you enjoyed them. Feel free to leave comments…especially if you have topic ideas for letters coming up. Tomorrow will be B…my topic…well I’m not sure yet to be honest I have three ideas. So we will see where my muse goes.

Until next time,

Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment