- 4,500 tons of chips will be consumed
- Every Monday after the Superbowl there is a 20% sales increase in antacids
- $50 Million will go towards food during the four days of Superbowl fun
- The Superbowl airs in 250 countries and in 28 different languages
- 9th out of the 10th most watched TV program of all time
- 1.5 million people will call of from work Monday after the Superbowl
- 700,000 footballs are made for an NFL season; about 75 have been made just for the Superbowl
PITTSBURGH STEELERS FUN FACTS:
- A win however would give Pittsburgh it's 6th Lombardi Trophy - one more than the Cowboys and 49ers, who both currently are stuck on 5 titles.
- Santonio Holmes seems to be emulating Hines Ward's playoff success. He has scored a TD in three straight playoff games.
- Ben Roethlisberger improved to 7-2 in his career in the playoffs, joining Troy Aikman (7), and Tom Brady (9) as the only three quarterbacks in league history with at least 7 playoff wins in their first 5 professional seasons.
- Hines Ward, who had to leave of course in the 2nd quarter of yesterday's game, still eclipsed the 1,000 yard plateau in his long and illustrious playoff career as a member of the Steelers. Ward finished with 3 catches for 55 yards, giving him 74 receptions for 1,021 yards in the playoffs in just 13 games.
- Hines also extended his streak of catching at least two passes in every playoff game in his career. I sure wouldn't mind seeing him add some extra polish to that Hall of Fame worthy resume of his with a huge performance in the Super Bowl.
- The Steelers improved to 8-0 all time against divisional foes in the playoffs (Cleveland, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Oilers)
- LaMarr Woodley now has 6 sacks in just 3 playoff games. Woodley joins elite company...wait, scratch that..Woodley becomes the 1st player in NFL history to have three straight multi-sack playoff games.
ARIZONA CARDINALS FUN FACTS:
- The oldest continuous professional football team in America, the Cardinals have gone through many locations and names; Morgan Athletic Club, Racine Normals, Racine Cardinals, Chicago Cardinals, St. Louis Cardinals, Phoenix Cardinals, and finally the Arizona Cardinals.
- The name of the Cardinals mascot is “Big Red”
- The team got its nickname Cardinals from the color of its uniforms, the uniforms in question were hand-me-down uniforms from the collegiate team the University of Chicago Maroons.
- During their time in St. Louis, the Cardinals were one of the few professional sports franchises to have the identical sports mascot of another professional sports team in their city.
- The Cardinal franchise has been in the Bidwell family since 1932
- This is the first Superbowl the Arizona Cardinals will make an appearnce in
- Dallas Cowboy great Emmitt Smith finished his career as Running Back for the Cardinals.
Be sure to watch Superbowl 43 on Sunday, February 1,2009