Friday, February 1, 2013

Up All Night with Kira Sinclair


I think it’s a safe statement to say that all writers are also readers.  That’s usually how we came to our love of story.  I’m sure I’m not alone when I say that over the years my reading time has dwindled – for some reason the kids demand to be fed and clothed and my editor likes to receive work from me on a regular basis. 

 

But just like before I started writing, my reading time is an escape.  It’s a chance for me to slip out of my world – both reality and the fantasies I create in my own head – and into someone else’s universe for a while.  There’s nothing better than finding a book I can’t put down and I always hope that I can give readers that same experience when they pick up my books.

 

Discovering a new author that I can fall in love with is the best part of reading.  I’m currently judging a writing contest, one of a few that I do throughout the year, and it never fails to yield a new voice that becomes and auto buy for me.  I often wonder how I could have missed finding the book in the first place.  How my friends could have missed it and/or not told me about it.

 

It’s been a long time since I’ve stayed up until dawn because I couldn’t put a book down, but I did that just the other night.  And while my eyes were gritty for the entire day, I wasn’t tired.  It was totally worth it to race to the end of the story (and then take a nap). 

 

So, my question is, have you discovered a new author recently that you just love?  Have you ever stayed up all night reading a book?  Do you remember it even now?  Share with us! 

 

Kira

 

The Risk-Taker

Subject: Totally buff ranger Gage Harper

Current Status: Walking wounded— both physically and mentally

Mission: Finally get the girl he could never have

Obstacle: She may just be the biggest risk he’s ever taken

All returned POW Gage Harper wants to do is forget, even if he has to let some gym rat beat him to a pulp to do it. He certainly doesn’t want to tell the tale of his heroism to the tabloids. Especially since he’s no hero…. But one journalist is determined to get the inside scoop–and she’s the only girl Gage has never been able to resist.

Hope Rawlings never took Gage’s romantic advances seriously growing up. After all, she was just his buddy, and a guy like Gage could have any girl he wanted. But now she needs his story to get her dream job in the city. And she’s willing to do anything to get it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment