Saturday, February 23, 2013

Peek Inside The Fetish Box with Nicole Camden

Thanks Nicole for stopping by today for this quick interview and sharing your new release with us! Hope to have you back soon! And readers be sure to check out my 'Tonya's Book Reviews' tab at the top of this page for my review of The Fetish Box! Reviews will be live by March 1st! 

TC: What first inspired you to write?

NC: A story I wrote in 2nd grade about the Trail of Tears. Our teachers asked us to write a story about something we learned in history class. Suddenly, an idea popped in my head about the Trail of Tears. I decided to write a story about a Cherokee girl who could see into the future, so she knew about the disaster to come and warned her family. The experience of seeing the characters in my head and writing it down was amazing. I’ve wanted to be a writer ever since.

TC: Do you have any writing rituals?

NC: I try to just write every day, whether I feel inspired or not…but I will admit that a glass of wine is usually involved…or five.

TC: How do you approach a love scene?

NC: That’s a tough one. I have to put myself in the characters place and really image what it is he/she would do in that situation, where they are, the status in the development of their relationship…or at least, I should think about those things, but most of the time, the characters just seem to do what they want…lol.

TC: Goals for 2013

NC: Finish all the manuscripts I have due…at least close to on time.

TC:  Do you have a certain soundtrack of music for writing?

NC: When I need to rock, I have a my favs playlist in itunes that includes a lot of 80s songs. Otherwise, I turn on classical music.

TC: Is there anything (in general) you find particularly challenging about writing?

NC: Yes, making the time. I have a job that pays the bills and a fiancĂ© that actually likes spending time with me…so sometimes, choosing to go into my office and work on my manuscript is an enormous effort. Also…I get stuck in the middle of a story and don’t quite have enough clarity to get to the next point.

TC: What are you working on now?

NC: I’m working on finishing the second manuscript for FETISH – Lille and Max’s story— and a romantic suspense series under my real name.

TC: What inspired 'The Fetish Box'?

NC: I lived in Hollywood, FL many years ago (that’s when I started writing it actually) and there was an adult store there called THE FETISH BOX. I thought the name was cool. It made me think of Pandora’s Box and I thought that if a girl with no experience suddenly found herself as the owner, she’d be opening herself up to all manner of experiences, good and bad.

NC: How many books do you have planned for this series? Just the 2 for now.

TC: What can readers expect from you in the future?

NC: More erotica, probably still in serials. I’ll also be writing romantic suspense under my real name.

TC: Anything you would like to add.

 NC: I’m just so glad that I’ve gotten my life on a path to be a full time writer someday. It’s what I’ve always dreamed of doing, and thanks to all those who’ve read my stories and liked them. Happy reading! 


 
An enchanting eBook debut about a world where your fantasies come true and nothing is quite what it seems. Come on in to realize your heart’s darkest desire...Virginal twenty-two-year-old Mary has just inherited a sex shop in Florida from her mother. After a long drive from California, she arrives at her deceased mother’s house only to be confronted immediately with two equally sexy strangers: the strong, silent John and the irreverent, taunting Max. She’s innocent, almost completely untouched, but feels a completely uncharacteristic pull to each man. Shocking even herself, she realizes it’s not an unwelcome desire.

Max is a playboy who knows how to give women what they want, but John… John might just be able to give Mary something even she doesn’t know she needs…

Buy your copy of The Fetish Box  on Amazon today for only $.199

Follow Nicole on Twitter @Nicole_Camden

Like Nicole on Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment