Friday, March 1, 2013

Lucky In Love Blog Hop

Today is March 1st, this begins my 17 Days of St. Patricks Day!


Each day I will post a fun fact about Ireland or St. Patrick's Day! All leading up to the March 15-18th Lucky In Love Blog Hop! Check back every day for a fun fact!!

Day 1 Fun Fact: According to legend, St. Patrick used the 3-leaved shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity to the Irish people.

According to http://www.columbia.edu/cu/augustine/arch/sbrandt/trinity.htm
The Trinity tells us that there are three Persons in one Divine Nature. The names Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are names of persons. God can serve as either a name for the Father or a name for the Divine Nature. Before delving into the relative meaning of Persons and Natures it will be useful to make it clear that these terms refer to distinctly different things.

Click the link above to learn more about The Holy Trinity.

The four-leaf clover is an uncommon variation of the common, three-leaved clover. According to tradition, such leaves bring good luck to their finders, especially if found accidentally. According to legend, each leaf represents something: the first is for faith, the second is for hope, the third is for love, and the fourth is for luck.


Please feel free to leave any fun Irish or St. Patrick's Day facts you have!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting facts. I knew about the the shamrock but found the leaf meaning intriguing.
    Debby236a t gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debby! I also knew abuot the shamrock that's one reason I researched it for this. I found the meaning interesting myself. I'm having a lot of fun learning more about Ireland and St. Patrick's Day! Hope you check out my other days :)

      Delete