Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Blurb and Excerpt from MuseIt Up Author Roseanne Dowell

Double the Trouble Two murders, two men, one with five-year old twin daughters, complicate life for Kate Wesley. When the identical twin sister of one of the murder victims arrives in town more confusion erupts. Can Kate sort through this mess that has suddenly become her life?

Excerpt: A shadow passed over the doorway, and Kate realized she wasn't alone. Shelooked up. Adam stood in the doorway, the same cocky grin on his face. "Now that, that's settled how are you, Kate?" Kate couldn't believe it. Couldn't he take a hint? "What do you want, Adam?" She didn't care that she sounded angry. He deserved angry. Adam came into the work room and stood in front of her, ignoring her anger. "You look great." Kate took a breath. So did he, but she wasn't going to tell him that. He looked too damn good, and she wasn't about to fall into that trap again. What was that saying? Fool her once, shame on him, fool her twice, shame on her. Nope, she didn't need him or anyone like him. "So what do you want? I gave you all the information on Emma. Shouldn't you be out investigating?" She refused to look at him. "Look, I know you're still upset about the wedding, but give me a chance to make it up to you. How about dinner tonight?" "I'm busy." Still upset? The man has no idea. Like we should pick up where we left off? He's got to be kidding. "Tomorrow then?" "I'm busy then too. Look, Adam, just go, okay. I don't want to have dinner with you. Not tonight, not tomorrow, not ever." "Come on, babe, don't be like that." Adam moved a strand of hair behind her ear. "I don't blame you for being angry. But damn, it had been five years." He ran his finger along her cheek. "The least you could do was give me a chance to explain. Not that I'm sure I could. I'm not sure, even now, why I took off like that. Cold feet I guess." Kate trembled at his touch. A spark of something familiar tumbled in her stomach. She pushed his hand away. Try as she might, she couldn't hold her anger in any longer. "How dare you walk in here like nothing happened? Like we're going to pick up where we left off?" Kate spoke through clenched teeth. What she really wanted to do was scream at him. To lash out and hurt him the way he hurt her. But a customer might come in and screaming wasn't going to help anyway. Adam stared at her, a look of confusion in his dark eyes. He just didn't get it. He really didn't see anything wrong with what he did. Took the coward's way out and left her to deal with canceling all the wedding plans. What a jerk. "Look, just go." She turned back to her work and picked up a vase to fill her next order. Adam ran his hand through his dark, wavy hair. Hair that she used to love to run her finger through. She could almost feel the soft silkiness of it even now. "Give me a break, Kate. Let me make it up to you." Part of her wanted to give in, part of her wanted to throw something at him. Stay strong, get rid of him. No way was she picking up where they left off. The bell rang again and before she had a chance to react, Mark stormed in. Kate's stomach did a flip at the sight of him. What was wrong with her, reacting to these men this way? For five years men had no affect on her.

Double the Trouble will be released in March 2011 from MuseIt Up Publishing

If you'd like to know more about me, check my

website my blog

I have six other books coming out with Muse also. Stranger on the Shore May 2011 release date, A Second Chance – June 2011, May I Have this Dance – July, Connection of the Minds – September 2011, And They All Fall Down - December 2011 and Elusive Mission March 2012

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Roseanne for stopping by today! And thanks for allowing me to be on your blog today as well.

    ReplyDelete