Friday, October 29, 2010

Review The Unnecessary Bodyguard by Evie Balos

The Unnecessary Bodyguard

Book 1 of the Dhampir Series

Evie Balos

Cobblestone Press

Length: Novella (around 15,000 words)

ISBN: 978-1-600088-580-8

Rating: 5 Dhampir’s

Buy

Blurb:

Nina Bradley doesn’t pay attention to her friend’s premonition that she’ll be attacked by a vampire. She discovers Daphne’s assigned a dhampir bodyguard to her and clearly objects. Worse, she finds him terribly attractive, but he’s half vampire. They don’t suit. A good reason to stop fantasizing about him.

Jovan Markovic wants to keep things professional between him and his beautiful client, but his desire for her is spiraling out of control. He ought to assign someone else to the case, but he won’t. He ought to use his lover to erase Nina from his mind, but he can’t…

My Review:

Wow! This was a page turner from the beginning and all the way through to the end. I didn’t want the story to end. Even when I wasn’t reading the book I was constantly thinking about Nine and Jovan and the struggles they were going through. The emotional attachment I have for these two have grown strong and I only wanted the best for them. The connection between them is remarkable. Ms. Balos used descriptive words and painted a picture in the readers mind, it honestly felt as though I were watching a movie at times, but with all the bonus features a book can only offer.

And I have to wait for book 2? I hardly think that’s fair! I’m sure it’ll be just as vivid as this story if not more so. I can’t wait to see what’s next from Evie Balos, she’s an author I’ve added to my ‘watch-out for’ and this is a book you should add to your ‘to be read pile’.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh...I'm blushing! What a wonderful review of my book, Tonya!

    It means a lot to me that you enjoyed it.

    Wishing you the best with your upcoming release.

    Evie

    :-)

    ReplyDelete